- High Density 8mm Padding for Joint Cushioning and Support
- Unique Dot Pattern for Unslippable Grip on all Floors, Including Rug, Wood, Tile, and Concrete
- Easy to Clean, Roll Up, Store, and Carry
- Barefoot Use ONLY - Made from Durable Materials that Last for Years
- Includes: 1 extra large Yoga Mat, Carry Bag, 2 Velcro Straps for Easy Storage, and Microfiber Towel
This Large Yoga Mat is Good For You, Better For Your Body
Something important is being overlooked in the way we practice yoga.
The beautiful practice of yoga is said to have started in the early Indus-Sarasvati civilization in Northern India. The word ‘yoga’ first appeared in Rig Veda, one of the holy books of Hinduism. It is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yug’ which means join or unite. Yogic scriptures believe that the practice of yoga leads to harmony between the human mind and body, and along with that between humans and nature.
We think the early days of yoga were practiced outside, in close harmony with nature. There were no gyms or yoga studios to go to. Just you, your body, and mother nature. With time, that has changed. It’s not always easy to find a remote, uninhabited place without car honks and buzzing phones to dive into your practice. Yoga studios and gyms are a good alternative, but imagine sweating in the same room as hundreds of other practicing yogis! Who knows when the studio and their mats (that tens of people use every day) were last sanitised?
Of course, you can go to any retailer nearby to pick up a cheap yoga mat. But stop and ask: why is it available so cheap? Most yoga mats are made of cheap components to bring down production costs, keep profits high, and get you to buy them. You end up thinking that you’ve found a great deal, but this yoga mat will disintegrate within a few months.
Instead how about you get a mat made of good quality material that will last you for years? Imagine becoming a better yogi or yogini on a mat that has seen you through it all!
That’s why thoughtful, empathetic yogis love ActiveGear large yoga mats.
Why Choose ActiveGear’s Thick Large Yoga Mat?
- It’s good for you. This durable mat ensures you never have to worry about using a contaminated mat. You can also make a strong statement amidst your peers by carrying your own yoga mat: just roll it up, secure the velcro straps, and put it into the stylish carry bag we will send your way.
- It’s good for your practice. There are so many exercise mats available in the market. We sell some really good ones too! But they aren’t the right fit for a yoga practice. A yoga mat needs strong grip so that it doesn’t accidentally slip from under you when you’re practicing a difficult pose. It also has to be adequately thick to give you the right amount of cushioning. Imagine falling on your back only to realize your mat can’t break the fall. The ActiveGear X Large Yoga Mat has a non-slip grip design with a unique dot pattern to prevent sliding.
The 8 mm thickness provides comfort and support for even the most difficult yoga poses. We tested multiple thicknesses before approving 8mm: as fellow yogis, we know how important precision is. Any lesser was too thin to provide adequate cushioning. We could have gone thicker than 8mm, but that would have spoiled your grip when practicing downward dogs.
- It’s good for the world. At ActiveGear, we are committed to producing quality products that last for years. By investing in a quality mat, you are avoiding dumping waste yoga mats every 6 months. Just think of how much waste you’re preventing. As you practice, you can rest assured that you’re not harming the environment.
Once you’re done with your wonderful, energizing, and sweaty workout, all you have to do is wipe this easy to clean mat with a fresh cloth, roll it and store it safely for your next workout. Most of our customers also find joy in being responsible for their own mats. Many carry it to their vacations with them!
No need to restrict yourself to a tiny space when practicing your yoga. Just like a yoga routine that has been intentionally designed for you, you need a yoga mat that is as large and wide as you would want it. Our yoga mats are available in three sizes:
When designing these mats, we asked ourselves: what is the ideal size of a yoga mat? The regular mats we found in stores weren’t adequate to create our personal zen. That’s why the smallest mat we have is larger than the yoga mats you’ll find elsewhere. Never worry about being in your fellow yogi’s breathing space, whether at home or outside. Planning on working out with a partner? Choose our large wide yoga mat option (8' x 6').
Choose how much space you want to practice your routine freely. The habit of cramming up your yoga practice onto a small, low quality mat ends today.